Dimensions of Glory
Jesus’ miracles kept the disciples’ heads spinning: water, now wine, the blind, now seeing, Peter’s mother-in-law, bed-ridden, now preparing a meal for everyone, life-threatening swells, now a placid lake, an urchin’s lunch, now a banquet for thousands . . . These recurring events opened their minds and hearts to dimensions of glory never before imagined. Life had forever been hard scrabble, requiring grit and determination, with little space left over for the extraordinary, save an exceptionally good day fishing, or a bumper crop of grapes or wheat. And yet Jesus’ behavior continually pushed them further into situations beyond even childhood daydreaming.
1. vv. 1-4 – A death _______________________________________________
2. vv. 5-16 – A non-death _________________________________________
3. vv. 17-28 – A death ____________________________________________
4. vv. 29-37 – A death ____________________________________________
5. vv. 38-44 – A death ____________________________________________